Is Online Learning A Supplement or A Necessity?
Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give you them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them. – Steve Jobs
Isn’t that exactly what eLearning is all about? The tools in the physical and the virtual classroom are almost the same- books, games, activities, charts, blackboard, etc. Yet online learning has given us such wonderful things, difficult if not impossible to achieve in a conventional, brick-mortar classroom. For instance, online learning has given us:
- Global Classrooms: Learning cannot be limited to four walls and neither can the classroom be. The virtual classroom has thrown open the doors to instructors and learners from every corner of the world to come on one platform. The democratization of education has been made possible in its truest form only by online learning.
- Anytime, Anywhere Learning: The global classroom has not only overcome geographical but time boundaries too. Working professionals stuck in the humdrum of life can continue pursuing their favorite disciplines and languages via online learning at a time convenient to them.
- Affordable Learning: Online learning is pretty affordable as compared to traditional learning. Students who can’t afford the high fees of advanced courses can go in for online tutoring platforms that have the most qualified teachers and attractive learning packages.
No wonder, eLearning industry is worth billions of dollars today. Students and working professionals are enrolling in large numbers like never before. Online tutoring platforms have their hands full and striving hard to meet students’ expectations.
Tutorwaves, an online tutoring company, is one such prominent tutoring house that is becoming increasingly popular among students of the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia. This company offers supplemental education to students from grades one to twelve in courses like Mathematics, English, and Science, Spanish, French, and Malayalam. They also help high school students prepare for SAT and ACT to get into the college of their choice.
WizIQ is their technology partner and helping them deliver thousands of live, online classes via the WizIQ Virtual Classroom every month.
How Online Learning is Supplementing Education
Schools everywhere are witnessing dropping grades, lack of engagement amongst students, and pressure on resources to give extra attention to each student. Schools are doing their part, but have the challenge of not being able to work individually with each student, to help him/ her to stay ahead of today’s competition. Online learning has emerged as the solution in this scenario. Parents are enrolling their children in online K-12 courses like maths, science, social studies, or any other subject where the child needs extra coaching.
These courses, taught by subject-matter experts, bring into play host of learning activities like games, quizzes, tests, assignments, live classes, etc. to make learning enjoyable without losing focus on the subject. The Result: Grades are steadily, rapidly improving. Already, supplemental education in form of online tutoring is booming in the US, Europe, Singapore, South Korea, India, and China. A 2012 study by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (GIA) projected the global private tutoring market to surpass $102.8 billion by 2018 (Forbes).
The following factors are making online tutoring a big hit:
- Personalized Attention: Students are switching to online tutoring since these provide personalized tutoring solutions. Instructors at Tutorwaves follow the same structured approach. They identify the strengths and weaknesses of a student and then work with them on on-to-one basis. The ideal 1:1 teacher-student ratio has been made possible by online learning.
- 100% Attendance: There is no absenteeism and loss of studies in online learning. Online sessions are recorded and useful for not only those students who missed the session but also those who would like to revisit it again. Repeated replays and revision prepare students exhaustively for each and every lesson.
- Exposure to Global Interaction: Online tutoring is bringing the best tutors from around the world to students from the remotest corners. Mainstream and grassroots are merging to create rich learning experiences, cultural as well as intellectual.
- Exposure to Latest Technology: Online learning platforms are leveraging the best technologies available in the market to make learning enjoyable. Tutorwaves, for instance, use WizIQ’s virtual classroom to teach their students. The award-winning platform not only combines powerful teaching tools like whiteboard and media player but also introduce effective, open channels of communication that bring the class to life. Thanks to online learning, students are becoming tech-savvy and ready for the 21st-century workplace.
How WizIQ Virtual Classroom Supplements Learning
WizIQ Virtual Classroom provides a comprehensive online learning environment with powerful features and tools to enable live, face-to-face communication between teachers and students. The WizIQ Virtual Classroom can easily be integrated with Moodle, Blackboard Learn™, Sakai or any other LMS using virtual classroom plugins.
Several online tutoring companies, including Tutorwaves, use WizIQ’s virtual classroom solution to schedule online classes and deliver high-impact classes anytime, anywhere. Here are some of the features of the virtual classroom that are helping online tutoring companies offer supplemental education to their students:
- Live Text, Audio & Video Chat: WizIQ Virtual Classroom has tonnes of interactive communication tools like live text chatting between students in the class, multi-way audio and video chat.
- Powerful Whiteboard Tools: WizIQ Virtual Classroom has an interactive whiteboard that allows instructors, even students, to write notes, draw shapes, use mathematical symbols, graphs, and more during the live session.
- Access or Upload Content Within Class: WizIQ Virtual Classroom allows instructors to upload documents and presentations within the class. They can even access the WizIQ Content Library at the click of a button and play any type of content (documents, presentations, audio, video, etc.) within seconds.
- Integrated Media Player: Audio and video files can easily be played in the live class via built-in Media Player. YouTube videos too can be played by simply copy, pasting the url in class.
- Recorded Sessions: Recordings are available for each session to be accessed anytime.
- Simplicity of the Interface: The long list of features and tools do not interfere with the sleek and smooth setup of the virtual classroom making it a hit amongst learners.
Besides these features, WizIQ Virtual Classroom offers multilingual support in 19 languages, screen sharing, breakout rooms, polling tools, generate attendance reports, and lots more.
Online Learning A Necessity in 21st Century
Online learning has become a necessary supplement today. Parents cannot rely on traditional schooling alone to bring out the best potential in their child.
The folks at Tutorwaves echo the same thought, “Online tutoring, facilitated by a competent partner, is the best help available. Online tutoring is no longer an optional supplement; it is an absolute necessity if you wish to stay on top of the world today.”
Launch Your Online Tutoring Business Today
Tutorwaves is one such successful example of an online tutoring company that has become a permanent solution for students and parents. The institute receives candid feedback for their services from the customers and repeated customer referrals by existing students and their parents.
Tutorwaves delivers thousands of live, online sessions via WizIQ Virtual Classroom every month. If you are a teacher wishing to teach online, WizIQ lets you publish your course on the learning marketplace, invite attendees to join your course, and earn handsomely from it.
If you are an online tutoring startup, you can request for the product demo by dropping in a mail at email@example.com. To have a hands on experience with the award winning virtual classroom, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or request for a 14-day free trial by clicking the link below: