Virtual Classroom by WizIQ is being shifted completely on WebRTC and the older version running on flash will not be available after 30th June 2021.
Update: The older version of the virtual classroom runs on Flash and has been updated with WebRTC. The older version running on flash will be available till June 30. 2021. From 1st July 2021, the newer version running on WebRTC will only be available.
Virtual Classroom by WizIQ offers a huge set of features and tools that will help you to teach and manage your class more efficiently online. In this article, we will guide you through these features and how and when to use these features. In a Virtual Classroom, the most important thing is to communicate with students using audio-video devices.
- Attendee List: You can find this section on the right side and you can see the number of people present in the session. You can also give the audio-video and writing controls to the students through this list. In case, you need to find any student, explore the attendee list and search the name of the student. You can also see the info of the student by clicking on the icon in front of the student’s name. You can disable the chatbox for all if the chat box is not required. A tutor can also block the student that will automatically take the audio, video, or writing controls from them but they will be connected into the classroom.
- Whiteboard: As compared to the traditional classrooms, WizIQ provides Whiteboard in its virtual classroom that is loaded with a lot of special features. You can create hundreds of whiteboards in a virtual classroom if required. All the tools available in the whiteboard are available in the left top corner.
- Select tool: This tool helps you to select various things on the whiteboard.
- Pointer tool: This is an arrow pointer tool that can help you in explaining things by pointing towards any formula or graph while teaching using the whiteboard.
- Graph tool: This tool will help you in creating a graph and explain the graph representation to students whenever necessary.
- Eraser tool: This tool enables you to erase anything on the whiteboard.
- Special shapes: This tool helps you to select shapes like cylinders, cubes or cones for mathematical representations.
- Delete tool: Using this tool you can delete the shapes of text added to the whiteboard.
- Emote tool: If required the teachers can use this tool and use emotes available.
- Content Library: This is the storage space available for you in the Virtual Classroom by WizIQ once you create an account. Any video, presentation or ebook can be added to the content library and can be accessed directly into the virtual classroom from the content library.
- Upload from Desktop: There is an option to directly push a file into the virtual classroom from the desktop. But this is only recommended for files whose size is less than 1MB. Otherwise, you should prefer adding it to the content library and accessing it from there.
- Media Player: This media player comes into the role when any youtube video is required or any video from the content library is played.
- Screen Share: The screen share options also help you to share your computer screen to students. So if there is something you want to share with your students outside the virtual classroom, it can be done using the screen share option. It usually takes 5-10 seconds to share the screen to all the participants.
- Poll: Poll is basically a Multiple Choice Question that a teacher can ask anytime in the virtual classroom to all the participants. The tutor has to give a minimum of 2 options and a maximum of 6 options for any poll. This can help you in getting a feedback of what students have learned and also helps in the students engagement.
- Cloud Recording: You can enable the recording of the entire session and you can also pause it at any time if needed and resume it.
- Timer: The maximum session duration available is of 300 minutes. You can schedule it for 60 minutes or 120,150 or 180 accordingly and then extend it if required. You can also set an alert time before the class ends so that you may extend the session time or finish the topic in time accordingly.